Employer Early Childhood Accelerator
Helping businesses build child care solutions for working parents
Your employees’ child care challenges are already costing you
Nebraskans are known for working hard through the toughest challenges. But when working parents don’t have access to quality, affordable child care, it’s often business owners who pay the cost. Lack of child care means more frequent absenteeism, lower productivity and higher rates of turnover. Over time, that makes it difficult to attract and retain the skilled workforce your business needs to stay agile and profitable. But we can help.
The Employer Early Childhood Accelerator
First Five Nebraska’s staff consultants can work with you to assess the child care challenges facing your employees and explore potential solutions that are the right fit for your business and resources.
Our 3-step consulting service
Examples of employer-supported solutions
Beyond the Bottom Line
Supporting child care solutions are a win for you and your workforce that go beyond staffing needs and revenue.
- Brand impact – Investments in child care reflect strong organizational values and culture, increase awareness among employees and customers, and strengthen your brand’s position in the marketplace.
- Leadership and succession – Retaining top talent is key to developing your organization’s up-and-coming leaders. Investing in workers with young families keeps talent engaged and committed.
- Community growth – Employers who strengthen local child care options help anchor resources in the community, grow the economy and build a more business-friendly environment across Nebraska.
Strategic Partnerships Advisor
Connect with us
Learn more about the Employer Early Childhood Accelerator and schedule a meeting with our staff consultants.
State-funded business grants
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services is offering $26 million in grants to businesses pursuing child care solutions.
- Program must show increased licensed capacity.
- Program must be licensed and open by Dec. 31, 2023.
- Application available now.
- New construction and major renovation not eligible.
- Equipment and wages will be eligible.
Learn more and apply.
What do gaps in child care cost Nebraskans?
Download The Bottom Line to learn more.